Peipsimaa Heritage Centre
Peipsimaa Heritage Centre is located at the heart of the Lake Peipus
Area in a historical one-street village of Old Believers
situating in Kolkja village, Tartu County. The
centre is located at a ancient home
of the Old Believers
built at the end of the 19th
century, in 1896.
The purpose of the Peipsimaa Heritage Centre is to keep the local traditional handicraft skills alive and to develop the unique Peipus Area as a tourist destination.We offer the possibility of:
- participating in handicraft workshops in our indigo print studio Sinilnik
- buying Peipus area handicrafts and souvenirs that have been awarded the Estonian handicraft certificate that are made in our centre;
- visiting different exhibitions at the art gallery and the Chicory Museum and Lubok yard
- tasting delicious onion pies, chicory cake, fish soup, and samovar tea with cooked sugar;
- renting bicycles, scooters, and kick-sledges.
03.06.24-25.08.24 Wednesday–Sunday 11:00-18:00
other times by pre-booking: email@example.com,
Family ticket 12 €
Guided tour 35 € per group a 45-minute tour of the house.